by James Tadd Adcox
Picture the ocean. No.
Picture the entire thing,
all at once.
You are not doing it.
One day something terrible will happen,
and I will not be prepared.
now we know how
REPEAT AFTER ME:
- mental illnesses ARE NOT a fashion trend
- mental illnesses SHOULD NOT be romanticised
- people SHOULD NOT LIE about having mental illnesses just to seem “deep” or “interesting” or “edgy
- mental illnesses SHOULD be taken seriously
- IT IS A REAL PROBLEM THAT AFFECTS MILLIONS OF PEOPLE AND IS NOT “QUIRKY” IT IS AN ILLNESS THAT AFFECTS THE MIND AND HOW YOU FUNCTION ON A DAILY BASIS